Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Love....

So I started this blog not really understanding the word love or the defination of love.  I was confused because in today's langauge love and like seem to be interchangable in some situations.  I understand that love is one notch above like, but it seems like it use to be that when some one said I love this or that it was a major declaration.  Today those statements are just thrown around with I like this and I like that.  This interchanging of words seems to happen in nearly any situation and no one thinks twice about which word was meant to have been spoken.  Any situation except people.  There is still a really meaning behind I love you.  I am glad for this because if I am fortunate enough to hear this from someone I want to know he actually meant it.  The Greeks were smart.  They had four different words for love and each meant a different level of love.  No one had to be confused if it was a causal love or serious love.  Wish there was a way to incorporate this in our every day english. 

So how did this all come about?  Why was I thinking about the word love?  Because of 1 John.  Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.  It makes me wonder if i truely understand God if I have trouble loving people.  How do I handle it when people don't love me?  Turn the other check is easier said than done sometimes.  So I love people but which form of love is God talking about?  Not that it should matter necessarily, but its a process and I need to know where the starting gate is.  Love is very confusing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment